Saturday 15 February 2014

Player Retirements - facts and myths

In my early days on XpertEleven I was scared to buy players aged 29+ because of the risk of retirement -a big investment this season could see me without my star player next season. The reality of player retirements is nowhere as bad as the expectation as the figured below show.


Age     Retirement Chance
290.2%
301.6%
312.1%
323%
334.2%
3427.8%
3525.6%
3641.6%
3750%
3833.3%

You are pretty unlucky if a player retires before 34. In my personal experience players over 34 keep form really badly so you can realistically see this as the end of their career.

It's generally accepted that playing more games with a player reduces the liklihood they will retire the following season.  The above stats are global so many of those players will not have played games - in which case the retirement statistics for active players is probably a lot lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment