Friday 8 August 2014

Substitutions

In an earlier blog I wrote how minutes played affected Player DV gained and how using substitutions can be used to increase DV over the season.

Here's a tip for substitutions that may prove useful in a number of situations.

Double substitutions


Sometimes you want to do a double substitution - bring one player on then bring the same player off later. Here's one of my teams and I have 3 young midfielders.




I want to start the game with Luxumburgo, bring on Sampaio after 45 minutes then swap him for Daish after 70 minutes. The system won't let me do this because Sampaio isn't a started so I need to get sneaky.

I set the team up normally and go to substitute Sampaio on for Luxemburgo after 45 minutes - that's all normal.

I then go and alter my lineup to put Sampaio in the team. The substitutions page will now let me substitute Sampaio out so I put my 2nd substitution in. I then go back to lineup and set it back to the original settings. Voila





3 comments:

  1. Also, you are training the forward Rigoberto Lamas at the same time as selling him. Is there a reason for this I am unaware of? Have I missed a training/selling post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speculative sale maybe. He got sold aged 21 so likely I had him on the list at max price there in case anybody was dead keen to pay over the odds but wasn't desperate to sell so training/playing him as normal.

      I often do that with players I know will come up as undereval but that doesn't look to be the case here.

      Delete